Saturday, March 1, 2008

Music accumulation

I've been trying to be good and not buy to many CD's, it's the lean time of year what with higher power bills and the slow season at work. I ordered the two in the previous post and kept the long list of stuff I want internal, but then Bloodshot Records sent me an email about a garage sale and KPBX had their recordings and video sale and next thing you know there's 14 new to me CD's cluttering up the living room.

It's a broad mix, one of the high lights from the KPBX sale is Women of Istanbul, a collection of female cabaret singer from late 20's to early 40's Turkey. This is one of those albums I probably won't listen to a lot but I love having in my collection because it's so different from any thing else, plus it will be perfect next time I throw a middle eastern potluck.

From Bloodshot Records a got the newest albums from The Bottlerockets and The Meat Purveyors, a sound track and The Legendary Sundowners. The Sundowners, according to the liner notes, held forth in Chicago honky tonks from the late 50s clear up to late 80s and I do like good honky tonk music.

GW wants us to go out and spend our refunds I wonder if Robin will let me blow it all on music?

No comments: